Thursday, January 14, 2010

FebFast

With much trepidation, I am announcing my participation in FebFast - short story is I am voluntarily going without booze for the month of February! FebFast is a fundraising initiative and funds go to Australian Drug Foundation, Mater Child and Youth Mental Health Service (Qld), Ted Noffs Foundation (NSW & ACT), Youth Substance Abuse Service (Vic) and FebFast’s grants program for smaller grass-roots organisations. The focus of these organisations is education in general around alcohol use, but particularly for young people.
I am anticipating that this will be quite a challenge for me - as with many Australians, a drink or two is a large part of my social routine! However, this will not only benefit the charities I raise funds for, but will have added benefits in: raising awareness through the conversations that are sure to ensue, particularly related to our drink oriented social culture; saving me money (and hangovers); and benefits to my waistline!
Please feel free to sponsor me through the following link: http://www.febfastfundraising.com.au/rowena_southgate
Also feel free to join me or check out the website for more information http://www.febfast.com.au/

No comments: