Thursday, January 14, 2010

Charity Starts at Home

I've decided the best place for me to start making a difference to the world is to take care of me first. After all, it's difficult to contribute when you're tired all the time and have nothing in the tank!

So this little black duck is building regular exercise into her routine, eating more fruit and veg from the market and laying off the junk food! My goal is to do 2 PT sessions a week at the gym and 3.5 hours of dance classes on a Saturday afternoon. I want to lose 7-10kgs in the next 4 months. I will not eat junk food more than once a week (believe me, a big improvement). I will also participate in Feb Fast, no alcohol for the month of Feb!!

Benefits:
Improved energy, outlook and motivation means I can have a more positive impact on those around me
Prevention of chronic illness, reduces the burden on the tax payer and hopefully means a longer, more productive life
Hopefully improved fertility
Reduce my contribution to landfill caused by junkfood packaging
Support local farmers rather than large global businesses

One PT session down, many more to go! Wish me luck!!!

No comments: